Gynecologist Appiontment

Yesterday I had my consultation with a gynecologist, to go over what steps I should take to prevent ovarian cancer. I went in assuming I’d need to remove my ovaries or get a full hysterectomy right away. But my doctor told me that they usually wait to remove ovaries between the ages of 35-40 because of the negative side effects it has on your body. Not only would it cause a hormone imbalance but it also causes problems with the heart and bones (I had no idea about the last two). So starting at 30 I will have ultra sounds and blood tests every 6 months to make sure everything is okay.
She did tell me that ovarian cancer is seen less in women who tie or have their tubes removed and that would be a good option for now. So we will be removing my Fallopian tubes soon. He didn’t say it but I think Dillons happy about this because it saves him a vasectomy. I was glad to hear it’s a noninvasive surgery. They’ll go in through my bellybutton and another part of my stomach, I get to go home the same day. So that’s the plan for now and we will revisit taking out my ovaries at 40. My next appointment will be with the breast surgeon.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who reached out after my last post. Your kind words and your stories have helped me feel a lot better about all of this. I can definitely feel all of the prayers coming my way.


Xoxo
Manda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interesting News From My Doctor

Hi, I’m Manda!